Each kibanda (or banda for short) at Mike’s Camp is uniquely designed and furnished for the perfect spots found for them around the camp.
All have fantastic views over the ocean and/or creek and feature ensuite bathrooms, 240V power and solar bucket showers.
There’s no need for “proper” windows or doors in the bandas – you’re practically sleeping in nature.
“Where we’re going, we don’t need windows.“Doc Brown, Back to the Future …probably
Made by the villagers who weave matting from palms, the bandas blend harmoniously into the environment. They each come with towels, toiletries, mosquito nets and a complimentary daily laundry service.
Shower water comes by donkey from the well and is heated by the sun. Once all lit by oil lamps, all the rooms now have electricity and mobile phone reception, for those who like to keep in touch with the outside world.
- Seven unique double bandas, all ensuite
- This includes one set of adjoining rooms
- Full board, which includes breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
- Hot beverages are available throughout the day
- Extra beds are available if needed
- Laundry services available
- Each room has mains power for charging gadgets (no hairdryers though!)
The rates below are subject to change at any point, keep an eye on our social media pages for special offers!
(October to January)
(February to September)
Please pay your KWS fees in advance via https://kws.ecitizen.go.ke/, or bring CASH, the fees are not payable by card or MPESA
- Children 4-12 are half the applicable adult rate, children under 4 are free of charge.
- All prices are full-board (three meals per day), but exclude drinks from the bar that will be billed to your room. Certain activities may also be chargeable, see the activities page for details.
- Payment can be made via Cash, Visa, Mastercard or MPESA.
- Tips for our hard-working staff are very much appreciated.
Getting to Kiwayu is simple, there are several flights a day to Lamu and from there it’s easy to hop on a speed boat or plane up to the island. Click here for details and pricing.
Mike’s Camp is located in Kiunga Marine Reserve so park fees will also apply! Click here for the Kenya Wildlife Service website with more information.